Sunday, January 25, 2009

YAY YAY YAY: New YYYs Album To Be Released

I have some good news and I have some great news. 

The good news is that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have finished their third album and it is scheduled to be released this spring. I only want to know one thing: What will it sound like? The Yeahs's introduced themselves with Fever to Tell, a raw, art-punk album whose follow up was the more poppy, clean-cut record, Show Your Bones. Then the Is Is - EP arrived, bringing with it sexy, dark tunes that are slightly reminiscent of the band's Fever to Tell days. Thankfully, on their website the YYYs announced to the public the following:

NEW RECORD? NEW RECORD!! NEW RECORD IS GETTING CLOSER TO BEING DONE DONE DONE! Will it sound kind of like Show Your Bones? No, been there done that. What about IS IS? Is that more of the direction it's going in? Absolutely not, it sounds VERY different from last year's EP. Did we go back to our roots and write something closer to Fever to Tell? No looking back now silly, just full speed ahead. WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE?? Not much like anything you've heard from us before- DOES IT SOUND LIKE THE YEAH YEAH YEAHS??? YOU BET YOU'RE SWEET ASS IT DOES.

With my question energetically answered in a call-and-response format, I can only hope that the third album will be just as amazing as their last albums and EPs. Actually, let's be honest here, I am hoping that their new album is more along the lines of Fever to Tell. People who share that wish with me know that an album that is fast, loud and dirty is the way to go.

Now here is the great news. Just recently, the name of the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album was released. I know, I know, it doesn't seem like a big deal. What would you say if I told you the name of the album was introduced by chicks sitting in popcorn and a raccoon drooling blood? See? Now you're excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment