Thursday, April 23, 2009

Such A Tease

Pixies fans were ecstatic when they opened the alt rock band's home page earlier this month. When they viewed the web site, they were greeted by what appeared to be cover art for an album entitled Minotaur. Blogs and fans were quick to speculate that Minotaur is the Boston band's brand new album. Instead, it is merely a $175 box set containing the four Pixies albums, the EP, expanded artwork, a DVD of a 1991 concert, all of the band's music videos and a book. Although this is fantastic for hard-core Pixies fans, I am more than slightly disappointed. I do not want memorabilia, I want a new album!

Bombay Bicycle Club, a catchy indie rock band from Crouch End, London, also decided to lead me on when I learned that their latest EP, Always Like This, was released on April 13th... in the UK. 

I am fed up with these Brits withholding music from me. I love them to death, but they have to stop torturing me like this. There are so many fantastic bands across the pond I cannot listen to, and even if I were able to hear them, I would have to wait at least a day to be able to because albums in the UK usually drop earlier than in the US. If I were British I could have these advantages... and Now That's What I Call Music! 72. How incredible is that?

Nonetheless, I am excited for the debut of I Had the Blues But I Shook Them Loose, Bombay Bicycle Club's first album scheduled to release on July 6th. I just hope that I will not have to wait long for the album to reach the East Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment