Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer In The City

All BONA FIDE fans in the tri-state area know that New York City is the place to be. You can find me there constantly, relaxing in Union Square, milling around St. Marks, shopping in SoHo and Brooklyn, or going to a show at one of the many venues, but some days the city doesn't have much to offer. Then all there is to do is aimlessly wander around NYC as I am baked by the heat from the concrete and eventually forced me to hide in an air conditioned store (Preferably an Urban Outfitters). What is my solution during these hot summer days? I attend a free show in Central Park, hosted by Central Park Summerstage.


Central Park Summerstage is a program that has been presenting free shows throughout the summer, every summer, for the past 20 years. Held at Rumsey Playfield, these shows feature unique artists who represent every genre and each show I've attended has been incredible so far. That being said, head over to the Summerstage website and mark your calenders.


You should also check out The Pool Parties in Williamsburg this summer. Eight weeks of free shows from July to the end of August? With performances from Dirty Projectors, Dan Deacon, No Age, Simian Mobile Disco, Girl Talk, Grizzly Bear, Beach House, and more? I'm so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment