Monday, July 6, 2009

UPDATE - Arctic Monkeys//The Dead Weather

New music and videos from Arctic Monkeys and The Dead Weather today. The sad thing is, I didn't enjoy them as much as I hoped to. The Dead Weather's new music contains nonsensical lyrics (You know I look like a woman but I... Cut like a buffalo) and the music is starting to sound stale. I imagined that Jack White had another fantastic band up his sleeves, but the bluesy, stomping sound of The Dead Weather.... sounds like the bluesy, stomping sound of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs in many instances. I guess they all can't be winners. Watch "I Cut Like A Buffalo" below and find the video for "Will There Be Enough Water?" here.

video

Now, Arctic Monkeys surprised me. The dark and stormy track, "Crying Lightening," is the first song to be released from Humbug and it's extremely different. It lacks the catchiness of past Arctic Monkeys tracks, but "Crying Lightening" is definitely heavy and powerful. Hopefully this new sound will work for the rest of the songs off of Humbug and will keep us all entertained when the album drops and we can hear the rest. For now I am pretty impartial, but you can be the judge once you listen to the new single. While you wait for tomorrow's official release of "Crying Lightening," you can hear the track below.

video

No comments:

Post a Comment